Why Support Mountain Trails?
Building, maintaining and protecting trails takes money – and a lot of it! Mountain Trails builds, maintains and protects nearly one half of the non-motorized trail system in the greater Park City area. Keeping trails in tip-top shape requires a constant source of funding. For example, in the course of one summer season, Mountain Trails will spend nearly $130,000 on trail development and maintenance projects alone. Further, depending on conditions, up to $30,000 is spent on grooming in Round Valley in just one winter season. As the trails are seeing ever higher usage, we encourage those who use the trails contribute to their upkeep and preservation. Approximately 60% of the Foundation’s operating budget comes from membership donations. The other 40% comes from service contract work, race series revenues and grants.
With ever increasing pressure on this phenomenal trail system, the scope of Mountain Trails’ advocacy programs are, likewise, increasing. Mountain Trails promotes responsible recreation for all user groups. Our goal is to have all trails users understand the importance of trail etiquette and environmental responsibility. Using appropriately placed trail signage, messages in the newsletter reaching 8,000+ subscribers, pushes in social media (#RutsSuck) and face-to-face education through our Ambassador Program, we are making positive strides in the outdoor community.
Mountain Trails was founded on the idea that trail access is an important facet of a healthy community. Time spent enjoying the outdoors, whether it be as a family, with friends or on a solo adventure, helps people of our community, both young and old, to lead healthy, balanced lives. There is no neighborhood in the greater Park City that is further than ¼ mile from trail access. Mountain Trails is proud to help facilitate access to the outdoors for this and future generations.
How to Support Us
If you are a current member looking to make additional donations, log-in first so we can help you keep your tax receipts all in one place. If you have never been into the system, you will need to get access by creating your password first.
Get FREE swag with your donation
There are lots of other benefits, so click here to donate and become a member at the same time!
Don’t care about the discount or FREE swag…? No problem, just click the button below and fill out the form.