Winter has arrived early (or is it just on time?) this year and what a fun season to be an outdoor enthusiast! We’re changing gears – in my case, away go the mountain bike and running shorts, and out come the quiver of skinny skis and winter trail runners. Is anyone else feeling exceptionally optimistic about this winter? Yes, I do believe so.
The collective enthusiasm around freshly groomed winter trails is palpable. As fat bikers, Nordic skiers, trail runners, snowshoers and their respective four-legged friends hit the trails this month, all bubbling with excitement for the crisp air and squeaky snow, I offer deep gratitude to those who contributed financially to MTF in 2022. Here’s a semi-complete (for the sake of readability) list of the bang you got for your buck:
- Spring maintenance and blow-down removal on about 200 miles of trail.
- Big Easy trail – done
- Cyn City trail – done
- Change Reaction trail – done
- Bonanza Loop trail – progress continues
- Sparky trail – done
- Mother Urban trail – done
- Milky Way trail at SkyRidge – done
- Lynx trail – done
- Winter grooming of about 50km of Nordic track and 25 miles of singletrack at Round Valley, Bonanza Flat and Clark Ranch.
As we launch into 2023, with 10 new projects on our docket (more on that next month!), we hope you’ll continue investing in trails. . . ‘nough said. . .
See you out there!