From The Summit County Website
The 910 Ranch is one of the last contiguous mountain ranches privately held by a single landowner in western Summit County and the Snyderville Basin area. The ranch is home to an extraordinary variety of wildlife including birds, large mammals, and fish… and recreational opportunity.
While Summit County will obtain immediate control of the property, the area will remain private property until further notice to allow for comprehensive planning; accordingly, the County requests the public to respect the landowner’s private property and remain on East Canyon Road (NE Canyon Rd) while enjoying the area. Opportunities for public guided tours are forthcoming, but hunting will remain unlawful at all times.
In 1890, Thomas E. Jeremy Jr. started acquiring more than 22,000 acres for use as a family farm and sheep ranching operation. The land was owned and operated by the Jeremy family for four generations from 1860-1979. In 1977, 12,500 acres of the ranch were sold and developed into a championship golf course and residential neighborhood. “Jeremy Ranch” is now a household name among area residents with a clubhouse, an elementary school branded with the historic ranch name, and over 700 single-family homes and 1,000 condominiums.
The original Jeremy family homestead residence on East Canyon Rd., known as the Jeremy Ranch Stone Cabin, still resides on what is now known as the 910 Cattle Ranch, the remaining acreage from the original Jeremy Ranch footprint. This small stone cabin was was the original residence and used by the Jeremy family each summer while grazing sheep.