We are excited to announce that we will be back live and in person this year!
Tour des Suds is a 7-mile mountain bike climb starting at City Park. Go hard and treat it like a legit mtb race (yes, there are awards) or a crazy costume party on bikes. Either way, it’s 2,700′ of vert straight up to the finish line at the top of Guardsman Pass. No e-bikes please.
LIVE & IN PERSON IN 2021
Register before September 1st to be guaranteed socks!
Tour des Suds is a 7-mile mountain bike climb starting at City Park. Go hard and treat it like a legit mtb race (yes, there are awards) or a crazy costume party on bikes. Either way, it’s 2,700′ of vert straight up to the finish line/Skullcandy Party Station at the top of Guardsman Pass. No e-bikes please.
SOCKS & NUMBER PLATE PICKUP:
- Friday, September 10: 9:00 am – 2:00pm OR
- Satruday, September 11: 9:00am – Noon
DAY OF RACE SCHEDULE:
- 8:30-9:30am Day Bib Pickup (Please pick up early if possible)
- 10:00am Race starts (Mass Start)
- 11:00am Post-Race celebrations at City Park – bring your ID for the “Suds”
- 12:30pm Awards
COURSE: View > Online Map
- From City Park we ride up Park Avenue turning left on Heber Ave then Right on Main Street and continue up Daly, by the water tank.
- Left at intersection uphill on Service Rd. (Ontario Bypass), turn right at next intersection and stay to the far right where the single track skirts the dirt pile, follow Ontario Bypass/Tour Des Suds signage to the Guard Rd.
- Cross the Guard Rd and continue on Ontario Bypass/Tour Des Suds to intersection with Mid Mt Trail.
- Turn right on Mid Mt and continue on it until you reach the Tour Des Suds intersection.
- Go left on Tour Des Suds and continue up to the service rd.
- Turn left on the service road and continue to the next intersection. Go left (short downhill) on service road until it runs into the Team Big Bear single track where you will veer right.
- Stay on Team Big Bear until the Flagstaff loop intersection. Take the right most single track and follow it a short distance to a service rd.
- Veer left onto single track once more.
- Turn right at next intersection and continue uphill until it spits you out on a street.
- Turn left (uphill) on the street and continue downhill, veering left in between boulders on gravel road to the finish.
Because it wouldn’t be Tour des Suds without costumes! Participants are encouraged to don ‘festive’ costumes and celebrate the beginning of the fall mountain bike season in a spirited manner!! Crazy costumes, crazy bikes is the concept!