It’s hard to believe that June is already in the rearview mirror – a month that brought record heat early on and more recently, some welcome, hero-dirt-producing thunderstorms.
We said so long to 4-year crew member and all-around great guy, Nick Herrman (see Trail Crew Profile). He will be missed, and we wish him all the best! We also welcomed aboard our awesome new intern, Otis Milliken.
The summer trail season is in full swing and here are just a few of the projects the team completed in June:
- Milky Way to SkyRidge Peak completed. Stats: 1.1 miles, 800 feet of elevation gain. Currently and “out and back” only for bikes, multi-directional for hikers.
- Finished Phase 1 of the new “Lynx” trail, from the Park City Heights development up to Fox Tail/Skid Row. Stats: 1 mile, directional, uphill only for bikes, multi-use.
- Collaborated with Park City Mountain on some base area fixes including a complete overhaul of the blown out, lower half-mile section of CMG. Work is also underway on a new, directional flow trail that will bypass the base area operations for a super fun, bike-only, descent back to the First Time Lot.
- A sustainable, hand-built, reroute of the badly eroded access trail from Lake Lackawaxen up to the Clayton Peak Saddle.
- After a summer of social distancing, we’re super stoked to be working side by side with volunteers once again this year. To date, we’ve held 4 volunteer days, including hosting over 60 enthusiastic volunteers for National Trails Day.
It’s summertime and the livin’s easy…
Rick, Field Manager