Introducing Sparky, located on Clark Ranch. This trail is a newly annexed and City-owned parcel, just east of highway 40, off of Richardson Flat road, “Sparky” is a 3.5 mile loop and is designated multi-use, directional (counterclockwise) for bikes, multi-directional for foot traffic. eMTB’s are also permitted on this trail but, due to the agricultural use (primarily cattle and sheep grazing), dogs are NOT allowed.
The trail name comes from the nickname for Clark Griswold, the father-figure in the National Lampoon, Family Vacation films. It’s also a nod to the eMTB-friendly nature of the trail. Tim and crew did an amazing job on this super fun and flowy little loop. Also, look for the trail to be groomed this winter for fat bike use.
- Type: Directional, counterclockwise loop for bikes(including eMTB’s. Multi-directional for foot-traffic.
- Difficulty: Blue/Green
- Start: Richardson Flat Road
- Finish: Richardson Flat Road
- Length: 3.5
- Climb/Descent: 350 feet
- Number of switchbacks: 19
- Loop Option: Two Rocks, Milky Way to Big Dipper.